Translate

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Skin Allergy!

Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with my skin.. I always break out in rashes which will spread from my arms to my stomach.. Super super itchy! But the strange thing is.. it will disappear after I eat medicine, but comes back again a few days later.

I am not sure what is the reason! One doctor said it may have been the food I ate in Taiwan. Another doctor said it's the wind (huh!?) or the body soap I am using..

I saw another doctor today (must seek alternative opinions mah!) and he blamed the water I bathed with.. he advised me to test the water at home to see if the pipes are rusty and if they are, I should complain to my Town Council and ask them to change all the pipes in my block!

Wah! Such a crazy idea! He also sounded so sure of himself and gave me a super smug look and his tone was as if he stumbled upon the greatest theory of all ages! T_T"

The weird thing was.. this doctor, Dr Robert Looi is a Chinese, his clinic is super cheena and he even gets his nurse to wrapped medicine in those pink paper that chinese medicinal shops use.. BUT HE DON'T UNDERSTAND MANDARIN!

Proof of the pink medicinal cheena paper!

His nurses were struggling with English cos their Chinese accent was quite strong (Singaporean Aunties, very old liao).. So when I went into the consultation room, I spoke Mandarin lah! But he actually said: "English please!".

I don't know whether to roll my eyes or laugh at the juxtaposition. Tsk.

So I got my MC and I am instructed to "check the water to see if the pipes are rusty by placing a cup of water overnight and see if next morning got brown sediments at the bottom" and to stay home and rest and eat my medicine. :(

No comments:

; //]]>